Antique Vintage 15

Arthur Earl McIntyre

October 27, 1939 ~ January 21, 2021 (age 81)


Arthur Earl McIntyre Jr. (aka, Art, Earl Jr, Ole, Uncle Junior) was born October 27, 1939, in Olney, Illinois. He grew up in the adjacent town of Noble, where he went to school and attended the Noble Church of Christ. He was immersed into Christ in October 1955. During high school, he completed a correspondence course in radio/TV repair and graduated Noble Community High School in 1957.

Upon graduation, he enlisted in the United States Air Force. Following basic training (Texas) and six months of military electronics repair training (Scott AF Base, IL), Art served 18 months at Clark Field in the Philippines. He then served two years at headquarters, 26th Air Division (SAGE) Air Defense Combat Center at Hancock Field, Syracuse, NY, completing his four- year enlistment in 1961. He received an Honorable Discharge with a security clearance of ‘SECRET’.

Art then returned to Richland County, Illinois where he worked on drilling and service rigs in the oil field. He then met and married Patricia Ann Lamkin on April 6, 1962. He and Pat relocated to Moses Lake, Washington where he began employment with the Federal Electric Company as an Electronic-Mechanical Technician. There, he installed Titan One nuclear missiles at a 12-hour day, 7-day a week pace, shortly before the Cuban missile crisis of October 1962—an event now viewed as the closest as America and Russia have ever come to nuclear war.
Art and Pat moved to Yukon, Oklahoma in June of 1963, two weeks after their first daughter, Donna, was born. Later their second and third daughters (Deborah and Cheryl) and Down Syndrome son (Arthur III) were born. He and his wife became members of the Cornwell Drive Church of Christ where he served as a Deacon in the congregation for 14 years (1970-1984). He also participated as a song leader, classroom teacher for several different age groups, benevolence, and other work of the church, as requested. His humility and distaste for acknowledgements would not allow him to take credit for many of his talents and accomplishments, deferring to others and deflecting compliments when expressed by others. He viewed himself as a servant rather than someone to be admired. Until recent health issues arose, he was an active member of the South Yukon Church of Christ.

Art began employment with General Electric’s Heavy Military Electronics Division as a Quality Control Inspector, followed by positions of Inspection Foreman and subsequently, Quality Systems Engineer. While at G.E. and, following business mergers over his 30-year industrial career, Art held the positions of Foreman, Incoming Materials Test and Inspection Manager, Product Test and Inspection Manager and, Shop Operations Manager at Honeywell and Control Data. Finally, he ended his manufacturing career in 1990, as Director of Customer Service at Seagate Technologies. In 1992, Art took employment as a stockbroker with Stifel Nicholas at their Bartlesville branch, then later worked as an independent broker before retiring.
During his tenure, educational opportunities included being selected for and completing, General Electric’s college level, two-year in-house Management Training /Industrial Engineering program between 1964 and 1966. He simultaneously attended El Reno Community College and obtained his 2-year Associates Degree in 1967. He then attended Oklahoma City University night school from 1971-1975, earning his Bachelor of Science degree and later, his Master of Business Administration degree in 1985.  In 1974. Art became associated with the Oklahoma County Council for Mentally Retarded Children and operator of the Dale Rodgers Training School where his son, Arthur III attended. He served on the corporation Board of Directors as President and related board offices until 1991.  He simultaneously served in a similar capacity with an interlocking directorship, Aid for Individual Development, a sister corporation. In 1981, as president and serving both roles, he was able to secure an $850,000, forty-year loan to construct and open two new 12-resident group homes for the mentally disabled at the Oklahoma City Dale Rogers campus.

In 1989, Art and Pat became grandparents to Lauren Nicole Loutzenhiser and again later, to Stephen Luke Loutzenhiser. When they were toddlers, Art earned the name, “Grandpa Candy” because, he always had a candy stash in his office desk. “Grandpa Candy” taught Luke to play video games on his office computer when he was very young and would have been so proud to have seen Luke’s recently earned Master of Science diploma. Later, Art was a foster-grandfather to several children as he mastered the art of tickling, horse bites and holding them upside down by their ankles. With all his grandchildren, the sounds of laughter and stomping feet resonated in the halls of his home with every visit.

After retirement, Art spent many hours tinkering with home computers--repairing and lining them up like soldiers on a counter. He was intrigued with gadgets and the workings of machinery, trying to find out and understand how they worked. He was always charging a car battery or welding something back together, fixing a lawn mower and trying to keep every single leaf off porches and sidewalks as they fell. He spent many hours recording family history and stories of the past. He would take pride in describing the history of a piece of furniture or an heirloom that had been handed down for generations, hoping the stories would also carry on. He enjoyed reading his bible as well as old lesson plans from his time spent teaching bible classes. If something entered his mind, he would put pencil to paper making diagrams or using mathematical equations to resolve or find a solution. Often, he would use terms like ‘velocity’ or, ‘future value of a dollar’ or, ‘completing the circuit’ as it related to electrical issues---topics far beyond kitchen table conversations with his listeners. He truly had a knack for solving XYZ!

In more modern days, if he wanted to learn about something, he would go directly to the computer to inquire and study. Years ago, Art would sit in a quiet living room reading any volume of an encyclopedia, while waiting for one, or more, of his daughters to return home from their date, ensuring curfew compliance. Art would look forward to holiday meals with family and ongoing Rook games far into the evening, while eating leftover ham or turkey sandwiches and pecan pie. He would often reminisce with friends and family when they would drop by, sometimes laughing till their cheeks were tired and coffee cups empty.

As one of his nieces described, “Uncle Junior always had a lesson, a story and a scripture. He was my ‘go-to person’ for answers and opinions. He always made me feel welcomed and loved. Most importantly, he took me under his wings when my dad passed away. I will be forever grateful for his love and guidance during the past 25 years. He was the coolest Jack Kool ever and I feel very blessed to have loved and to have been loved by Uncle Junior.”

A nephew also shared, “Uncle Junior was an awesome influence on me and my life. In 1968, while my dad was in Vietnam, our family lived in Yukon. Uncle Junior and Aunt Pat watched over us and made sure we were doing well both physically and spiritually. That year, 1968-1969 we never missed an opportunity to worship. As my brother indicated, I can also say Uncle Junior started my salvation and walk with Christ. Hallelujah! Now that my faith is at full stride with our Lord, I reflect and have realized how much of God’s work I had retained from just that one year. I am so blessed to love and been loved by such a great Godly man!”

In closing, upon the death of his wife Pat, 10 years ago, Art’s first, and most important priority became his down-syndrome son, Arthur III. Art was the primary caretaker of his son till his death a few days ago. Every decision he made was with passionate consideration for his son, ensuring every need would be met. Art strategically sought out ways to make his son more comfortable while trying to alleviate any fears that may have developed. In the end and as dad intended, Arthur listened to the music playlist that grew long, sounds would stream from background speakers in the corner and, living room lights drew dim.

Arthur Earl McIntyre, Jr. of Yukon, Oklahoma died on January 21, 2021, in his home.  He was preceded in death by his wife of 48 years, Patricia Ann Lamkin McIntyre; parents, Arthur E. McIntyre, Sr. and Beulah Irene Knight McIntyre; sister Marcele McIntyre; brothers Lester Vance McIntyre, Carl Leon McIntyre; sister-in-law Lemerie Lee McIntyre and; son-in-law Eric Bejcek.  He is survived by daughters Donna Loutzenhiser and husband Steve Loutzenhiser of Molalla, Oregon; Deborah McIntyre-Page and husband Jim Page of Luther, Oklahoma; Cheryl Bejcek of Mustang, Oklahoma and; son, Arthur E. McIntyre III of the home, Yukon, Oklahoma.  He is also survived by two grandchildren, Lauren Nicole Loutzenhiser of Vancouver, Washington and Stephen Luke Loutzenhiser of Portland, Oregon.  In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations may be made to Volunteers of America in memory of Arthur E. McIntyre, Jr. through the Yukon, Oklahoma office.  Link: Public viewing will be held Thursday, January 28th from 4 – 8 PM at Ingram, Smith & Turner Mortuary. A funeral service will be held on Friday, January 29th at 2 PM at Ingram, Smith & Turner Mortuary at 201 E. Main St, Yukon, OK 73099.

To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Arthur Earl McIntyre, please visit our floral store.


Public Viewing
January 28, 2021

4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Ingram, Smith & Turner Mortuary
201 E. Main St
Yukon, OK 73099

Celebration of Life
January 29, 2021

2:00 PM
Ingram, Smith & Turner Mortuary
201 E. Main St
Yukon, OK 73099

Interment following funeral service
January 29, 2021

Yukon Cemetery
660 Garth Brooks Blvd
Yukon, OK 73099

© 2021 Ingram, Smith & Turner Mortuary. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS & TA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy